What's been happening this week

I thought I would update you on what's been going on in the past week, it's been a busy week, I have been working for Supertracker in Southampton taking images of their new giant wheel alignment instrument and I have been boosting my landscape portfolio.

I have been again optimizing my Lightroom collection, Adobe Lightroom is my main post-editing tool and organizing application, although other software platforms are available I find that Lightroom is so intuitive to use I cannot see me switching to anything else at least in the short term.

I have recently joined Picfair as a contributor it allows me to platform my work on a stage where customers can license and buy physical copies of my work, very cool!

I have talked in the past about Bark and Bidvine  pioneers of the new Gig culture in the UK, the principle is that instead of clients finding you, the clients submit their request and the professionals choose whether to reply or not, the replies come with a cost attached depending on the "value" of the work. I have to confess I have used these two services, though I do not intend to use them in the future. The costs for the leads are horrendous  (up to £30 in some cases) for this you simply get a lead, the same type of lead would cost a fraction of this on Facebook or Google, the leads come with limited information, mostly without definitive times, locations or real details about the job. Most people who use these services do not understand the high costs involved, and because the whole cost of the lead is paid by the professional they've never often heard of there is little incentive to actively reply. I believe if you're an amazing salesman you do well using these services, I'm a great photographer first and a poor salesperson 2nd! These services as appealing as they can sound are not for me, I prefer my work to do the talking.

Anyway have a great Bank Holiday and speak soon.

Chow

Paul 










Comments